8.11.2011

Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes


These pancakes are super moist while still maintaining fluffiness.
A hint of sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon add the perfect amount of sweetness, making these absolutely

de.

lect.

able.


So delectable, in fact, that I ate that whole plate myself.
You think I'm kidding?
Okay, I am.
BUT...I wanted to.  :)

*sigh* ...soft, fluffy pancakes with fresh summer berries and warm maple syrup drizzled on top.
Need I say more?

Whole Wheat Yogurt Pancakes
Makes 6-8 pancakes

1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp plain, nonfat yogurt
1 1/2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil, melted
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Whisk together dry ingredients, then separately whisk together wet ingredients.  Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and stir until just combined.  Heat a skillet or griddle over medium heat and lightly grease it.  Pour batter (about 1/4 cup size) onto the skillet.  When pancakes bubble, flip them over and finish cooking on other side until lightly browned.  Serve with fresh fruit and warm maple syrup.

1 comment:

Brookel said...

just made these this morning and now my house smells delicious! we liked them a lot and it was so quick :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...