2.21.2012

Quinoa & Black Bean Salad

This sweet and tangy,
protein and antioxidant-packed
side dish 
is the perfect pick-me-up in the middle of winter!


I made a batch for the sole purpose of having "grab-ready" in the fridge for a quick, healthy snack.


I even eat it right out of the bowl...(please tell me you do this too!).


And my one-year-old loved it too!

Quinoa & Black Bean Salad
From my mother-in-law
Makes about 6 servings

1 1/2 cups quinoa, cooked
1 can black beans, drained/rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 cup unsweetened dried cranberries (or raisins--white raisins are yummy too!)
1 diced red bell pepper

dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
4 Tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp ground coriander*
1/4 tsp salt

Combine first five ingredients in a medium bowl.  In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together.  Pour dressing over salad and stir well.  Chill for a few hours before eating.  Enjoy!

*If you don't have ground coriander, don't stress.  It'll taste great without it too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...