6.24.2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies


Soft, chewy chocolate

plus

melted peanut butter chips

equals

jubilee.

And I don't use that word everyday. I think the last time I used it was in High School choir.


I fortunately stumbled across this recipe on Tasty Kitchen. The only change I made was I refrigerated the cookie dough overnight (I recently read an article about how that's a secret to great cookies...yes, I'm a nerd). The taste and texture were perfect-o.
(Plus I slightly underbaked them for a softer cookie!)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Makes 2 dozen
1 cup butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy. Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt; mix until combined. Fold in peanut butter & chocolate chips, refrigerate dough at least 1-2 hours (overnight is better), then bake at 350 for 7-9 minutes (I slightly underbaked these (on purpose) and they were still soft and chewy the next day!).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...