7.01.2011

Banana Crunch Pops

I loooove snacks.

Pregnancy was such a great excuse to bring them with me everywhere...even out to the mailbox.
Interestingly enough, the habit stuck...and you can still find me with a snack stash in my purse. :)

*sigh*

Oh, snacks...


This one's simple as banana, yogurt, and granola.

It's like a parfait on a stick.

It reminds me of our state fair...where everything is "deep fried" and "on a stick!"

Except this one's not deep fried.

It's frozen, refreshing, and healthy.


Like I said, simple as that.

Have fun experimenting with different granolas and yogurt flavors!

Banana Crunch Pops
From Better Homes & Gardens
2/3 cup fat-free yogurt (any flavor)
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup granola (with or without dried fruit)
4 flat wooden craft sticks*
2 medium bananas, halved crosswise

Line a baking sheet with waxed paper & set aside. Place yogurt in a shallow bowl & mix in cinnamon. Pour granola into another shallow bowl. Insert a wooden stick into each banana piece. Roll bananas in yogurt mixture (I sort of spooned the yogurt on), to cover each banana, then roll in granola to coat. Place on prepared baking sheet and freeze for about 2 hours or until firm. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before serving.

*I used skewers, because that's what I had, but I wouldn't recommend them for kids because of the sharp ends! Popsicle sticks are much better.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

Looks good! I make something similar: bananas rolled in a peanut butter/honey mixture and then in granola. Yum!

Can't go wrong with bananas for a snack!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...